Monday, February 3, 2014
On the Move: Essential Movement Skills for Netball
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!!!
On the move workshop Wednesday 19th February at Oaklands College, St Albans
7:00 - 10:00pm
£25 for affiliated members
£35 for non members
New Workshop for Coaches - On the Move: Essential Movement Skills for Netball
England Netball has developed a new series of workshops aimed at providing club coaches / teachers who are regularly planning sessions with a better understanding of a specific area of player and game development, the toolkit required to analyse and correct technique and fresh ideas for building practices and sessions.
The course will introduce the coach to the essential movement skills required for effective performance in netball and physical training sessions. Specific tasks will enable the coach to identify the coaching points, common errors and corrective measures associated with each of the movement skills. The workshop will examine practice design and outline how to progress a movement skill practice with specific emphasis on making progressions game related throughout.
By the end of the workshop a coach should be able to:
- Explain the importance of body alignment in movement skill execution
- Identify the movement skills required in the game of netball and explain the coaching points
- Explain the common errors and corrective measures associated with each movement skill
- Observe and analyse an individual’s performance
- Plan movement skill practices which incorporate decision-making and are game related