Sunday, December 11, 2011
On the Ball: Essential Ball Skills for Netball
This workshop will focus on catching and passing skills and identify how practice design can help players become more skilful in matches. This is a practical workshop that will involve coaches observing and analysing passing and catching technique as well as developing basic practices to enhance the decision making players are required to make in games. At the end of the workshop coaches should have the skills to observe and analyse technique and make corrective measures to improve performance and develop practices that will help players with decision making in game play.
By the end of the workshop a coach should be able to:
- Identify practices to develop ball handling skills
- Identify and describe correct passing and catching technique
- Identify the difference between random, variable and blocked skills practices for ball skills.
- Describe how different practice design influences player development
- Define the decisions required by players when receiving and passing
- Identify the physical impact of practices on players
- Observe skills in action with the aim of detecting strengths and areas for improvement
Date: Monday 13th Feb 2012
Hertfordshire Sports Village
de Havilland Campus
Hatfield Business Park
£25 Affiliated Members
£35 Non Affiliated
Mobile: 07525 703 153
Reader Comments (0)
There are currently no comments on this article. Why not be the first and leave your thoughts below.
Leave Your Comment
Please keep your comment on topic, any inappropriate comments may be removed.