- Does your club or team need NEW PLAYERS?
- Do you assist with the development of YOUNG PLAYERS?
- Would you welcome MORE VOLUNTEERS to share organising and workloads?
- Do you help new COACHES and UMPIRES develop?
- Are you interested in applying for FUNDING?
- Do you feel that you have NO TIME to try out new ideas?
If your answer to any of these questions was YES, then the England Netball Club Action Planning Scheme (or CAPS) is for you!
CAPS helps Netball clubs function in the most efficient way, with the least long-term hassle. It is directly linked to Sport England's Clubmark scheme and it's all about good practice in the development of players, coaches and umpires at all levels.
CAPS takes accepted sports development ideas and makes them flexible enough to fit in with your club's current activities: YOUR needs, YOUR goals and YOUR values.
It's not just about paperwork and filling in forms. In fact, most clubs find that the CAPS process highlights all the good development work that they are already doing. This clarifies roles and gives help and positive encouragement to new volunteers - those who might usually hesitate before coming forward.
In today's society, CAPS offers a way of maximising SAFE and CHILD-FRIENDLY activities.
In line with the Clubmark award, CAPS focuses on four key areas that impact Netball clubs:
- Duty of Care and Child Protection,
- Coaching and Competition,
- Club Management/ Administration,
- Sports Equity and Ethics.
CAPS offers Bronze, Silver and Gold levels of achievement, highlighting further development work whilst ensuring that all clubs have the chance to shine.
CAPS brings many benefits to participating clubs. Players, coaches and umpires are offered a clear development pathway by the club's high profile and publicity.
Community links are created and strengthened. These help to attract more members, spread the administrative workload and increase the possibility of securing funding or better facilities.
As well as providing benefits at the local level, CAPS is the gateway to a strong regional and national network of support and communication:
Put your club in the position where England Netball and Sport England can offer the help that you need.
A Little More About CAPS
What is C.A.P.S?
- England Netball Club Action Planning Scheme
- NOT "just another project".
- Designed to help your club make the most of its time, with the least long-term hassle.
- All about good practise in the development of players, coaches and umpires at all levels.
- Directly linked to Sport England's Clubmark scheme.
- Applicable and relevant to every type of Netball clubs.
- A way of maximising safe and child-friendly activities.
- Constructed to enhance and spotlight existing development work within your club.
- NOT just about paperwork.
- Positive encouragement to new volunteers.
- Designed to fit in with your club's current activity.
- Flexible about different needs, goals and values.
- Duty of Care and Child Protection
- Coaching and Competition
- Player/ Programme Development
- Coach development
- Umpire development
- Access to Competitions
- Club Management
- Club Activities
- Facilities and Equipment
- Sports Equity and Ethics
What C.A.P.S. provides
- A clear development pathway for members - current and potential.
- Increased confidence in a club's life span.
- High profile exposure through Sport England, England Netball and other agencies.
- Increased efficiency to activity.
- More links with your local community.
- High standards.
- More members - coaches, umpires and players.
- A successful method of spreading your club's workload.
- Increased possibility of securing funding or upgraded facilities.
- Opportunities to expand your club's volunteer base.
- A strong local and national support network.
- A commitment to development and good, safe practise.
If you have any questions or require support in your club applying for CAP's please contact East@englandnetball.co.uk.